Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Error: common name for wildcard ssl in subdomain
I’m trying to have:
(1) *.domain.com in server xx.xxx.xx.1 on apache
(2) domain.com in server xx.xxx.xx.2 on apache
both servers has SSL certificate:
(1) xx.xxx.xx.1 as wildcard certificate.
(2) xx.xxx.xx.2 as let’s encrypt certificate.
After changing the A record for server (2) to point to server xx.xxx.xx.2, I’m facing these errors in server (1):
- (net::err _ cert _ common _ name _ invalid)
- php warning: file _ get _ contents(): peer certificate cn=`domain.com’ did not match expected
my VirtualHost configuration for server (1)
I’m try to have domain.com point to wordpress site in server xx.xxx.xx.2, and all subdomain of *.domain.com to server xx.xxx.xx.1