Configuring deploy hooks from github
I have configured a Digital Ocean droplet as per the following guides:
- Initial Server Setup with Ubuntu 16.04
- Install LAMP stack on Ubuntu 16.04
- Secure apache with let's encrypt
In summary: I have a LAMP server, I have a domain pointed at my LAMP server, it is https now, and I can ssh into it with an account I created (not root) and it has things like UFW enabled.
My webroot lay at: /var/www/domain-name.com/public_html
- I can confirm that when I put an index.html file there, it works
What I'm trying to accomplish:
I want to use a webhook such that when a github repo receives changes to master branch, the hook pushes an update to my droplet. I want to be able to have multiple repos/sites, so think
What I don't want:
- many tutorials talk about pushing from local to DO. I don't want to do this. I want to go from github to DO.
I have tried a number of tutorials which I am linking to below
- Portent - GitHub Auto-Deploy Setup Guide
- Behind Companies - simple script for deploy
- Digital Ocean Webhooks
None of these works for my situation, number 3 because I don't want to go straight from local to droplet. First two for different reasons.
Any help would be appreciated.