Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Connect to managed mysql from droplet
I’ve created a managed mysql in the same region as my droplet. I’ve added my droplet (ubuntu 18) and my PC IP as trusted sources.
1) When attempting to connect from the droplet to the managed mysql using the
public ‘flag’ i get this error:
ERROR 2059 (HY000): Authentication plugin 'cachingsha2password’ cannot be loaded: /usr/lib/x8664-linux-gnu/mariadb18/plugin/cachingsha2_password.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
2) When attempting to connect from the droplet to the managed mysql using the private 'flag’ i get this error:
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can’t connect to MySQL server on 'private-db-mysql-fra1-82591-do-user-7505491-0.a.db.ondigitalocean.com’ (110 “Connection timed out”)
Can anyone point out what i might be doing wrong?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×