Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Create Volume from snapshot_id not respecting size
According to the API it’s possible to create a volume of an arbitrary size from a volume snapshot. I have done this via the web interface. However, I can’t seem to get the API to create a volume from a snapshot with any other size than 5gb (the size of the volume when the snapshot was taken).
I’ve tried to do this using cURL and Python. The attributes I’m sending are these:
- size_gigabytes: 10 (I’ve tried lots of values for this, up to 2tb)
- name: “example”
- snapshot_id: “ae-deadbeef-etc”
The API states that the region and snapshot_id attributes are mutually exclusive, but I’ve tried sending both, just in case. No dice.
I’ve been looking around all night for an answer to this. Anyone have any insight?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×