curl works very slow on craigslist.org?
Do you guys know why curl (or any other request) works very slowly on some pages of Craigslist.org?
The issue can be reproduced by doing this:
1) Choose a $5 droplet with Ubuntu 14.04 x64 (I have also tried $10 and $20).
2) Choose New York 1, 2 or 3 (I have also tried SF and Amsterdam).
3) Use an SSH key (have not tried it without a key)
4) ssh into the created droplet as root user
5) curl https://www.craigslist.org/about/sites
Then you will see that it is very slowly loading in the HTML page. Other websites work just fine at an almost instant speed. Does anyone know why this happens with craigslist specifically? I have tried servers from other providers and they work just fine.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.