Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Droplet, LAMP Stack, Webmin, google dns, civicrm, can't figure out email?
I’m pretty much “figuring my way out” through setting up a wordpress + civicrm installation on a lamp stack for a nonprofit I volunteer for. I have zero background in this stuff, but have a lot of persistence. :-)
- existing website: www.mntoollibrary.org. Hosted here on a different droplet by a previous volunteer that has drifted away from the organization.
- The domain and DNS are on google domains. It’s a live / production site.
- I figured out how to set up a subdomain called wp.mntoollibrary.org that points to a second droplet I set up here with a LAMP stack installed on it (ubuntu 18.04).
- I figured out how to install Webmin, wordpress, and then CiviCRM.
*I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get email to work. *
We use google suite for nonprofits & google domains, which seems like information you might need to help me.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×