Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Droplet WordPress One-Click & Domain.com IP Address vs Server IP Address
Hello, for creating a WordPress site via One-Click WordPress create;
- IP Address of Ubuntu Server is given
- IP Address of domainx.com (A Record) is different and already existent on the Registrar service DNS Zone console.
How newly created WordPress platform load, with Ubuntu Server IP Address, if I did input domain name, domainx.com ?
Or, do I need change the domain’s IP Address (A record) to match what Digital Ocean supply as IP Address for the Ubuntu Server where Wordpress one-click is built on ?
Or, I can have both different IP Addresses; IP Address for Ubuntu Server of WordPress installation; and domain’s IP Address which is an A Record set in a different provider DNS Zone ?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×