Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Email from <email@example.com> Action Required - Botnet on my droplet
Hello, I got this email on Tuesday saying my droplet was a Command & Control server part of a botnet (Ticket #04944796). After taking a snapshot of the droplet in question, it was shut down. But my team and I have many questions:
- what could have triggered this email?
- we did a maldet scan before the droplet was shut down and there was no evidence of malware. Is it possible this is a false alarm?
- is there a log kept that could show the malicious traffic or give us an idea of when the droplet became infected?
Thank you for your help.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×