Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Enabling Let's Encrypt SSL certificate on Apache for 2 domain names
I tried to get Let’s Encrypt certificates for both my www and non-www domain names, then redirect all the requests to my www domain with https scheme.
I installed certbot on my VPS, then I tried many attempts to get both certificates:
1) I tried an all-in-one command:
certbot –apache -d afa-advisory.com -d www.afa-advisory.com
2) I tried the domain names separately in two commands:
certbot –apache -d afa-advisory.com
certbot –apache -d www.afa-advisory.com
3) I tried expanding the first SSL certificate.
The problem is that I always get an invalid certificate for my root domain:
Invalid Common Name: Default Company Ltd
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×