Question

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED changing domain, why????

  • Posted on January 10, 2015
  • Polv89Asked by Polv89

Hello, i have moved my wordpress site from an hosting to DO… I followed the tutorial https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-a-host-name-with-digitalocean as i made in past to test on others domain

But now, when i go to my site www.googlexperience.com i have this error, ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED My ip is 80.240.139.190 Someone can help me? thanks


Submit an answer

This textbox defaults to using Markdown to format your answer.

You can type !ref in this text area to quickly search our full set of tutorials, documentation & marketplace offerings and insert the link!

Sign In or Sign Up to Answer

These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.

Want to learn more? Join the DigitalOcean Community!

Join our DigitalOcean community of over a million developers for free! Get help and share knowledge in Q&A, subscribe to topics of interest, and get courses and tools that will help you grow as a developer and scale your project or business.

Is possible to be a server configuration error? Can you tell me what can i control? thanks

what about CNAMEs used that way? :)

Now i have a problem with redirection, is possible due by DNS?

if i try to go to www.googlexperience.com/wp-admin/ it redirects me to http://googlexperience.comwp-admin/

So, DNS wise you appear to be mostly fine now.

andreas@corrino:~$ dig googlexperience.com NS

; <<>> DiG 9.9.5-4.3ubuntu0.1-Ubuntu <<>> googlexperience.com NS
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 36361
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;googlexperience.com.		IN	NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
googlexperience.com.	1651	IN	NS	ns3.digitalocean.com.
googlexperience.com.	1651	IN	NS	ns2.digitalocean.com.
googlexperience.com.	1651	IN	NS	ns1.digitalocean.com.

;; Query time: 64 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.1.1#53(127.0.1.1)
;; WHEN: Sun Jan 11 00:05:35 CET 2015
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 115

andreas@corrino:~$ dig www.googlexperience.com A

; <<>> DiG 9.9.5-4.3ubuntu0.1-Ubuntu <<>> www.googlexperience.com A
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 53783
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.googlexperience.com.	IN	A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.googlexperience.com. 1029	IN	CNAME	googlexperience.com.
googlexperience.com.	1029	IN	A	80.240.139.190

;; Query time: 72 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.1.1#53(127.0.1.1)
;; WHEN: Sun Jan 11 00:14:21 CET 2015
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 82

andreas@corrino:~$

(The reason I say mostly fine is that I’m not a big fan of CNAMEs being used that way, even it will most likely be okey.)

Can’t tell for sure from my end, but my guess would be that your initial problem with DNS lookups was due to TTL/caching issues.