Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Error loading a Java native library (.so) in apache tomcat 7 on CentOS 7 on Digital Ocean server
This is the first time I use a DigitalOcean server. I appreciate your time to help!
I am trying to load a native library (libjsmile.so) in a web application with Apache Tomcat 7 on a CentOS 7 DigitalOcean server, but I still haven’t succeeded.
– I was able to use the libraray (the .jnilib version) as a Java application or a web application with Apache Tomcat 7 on a Mac.
– I was able to load the libjsmile.so as a Java application on this CentOS 7 server.
– The error starts to occur when I changed to an web application trying to load libjsmile.so in Apache Tomcat 7 in this CentOS 7 server.
I have tried to add
to the Tomcat configuration file (tomcat.conf) and put the libjsmile.so under that path. Yet it keeps giving me “java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: smile.Wrapper.nativeStaticInit()” error.
I am not that experienced in web development and Linux, so I really appreciate any amount of help!