Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Fedora 33 with Nginx - This site can't be reached
I am a long time user of Digital Ocean, I have managed multiple droplets regularly using CentOS or Ubuntu. So I decided today to use a Fedora 33 instance and install Nginx.
So I did everything as always, my domain is pointing to my droplet IP and it is added in the Network -> domains inside my Dashboard.
I installed Nginx with the dnf install command with version 1.18.0 and it’s running with the following status:
[root@vudbox-fed-sfo2 ~]# systemctl status nginx ● nginx.service - The nginx HTTP and reverse proxy server Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled) Active: active (running) since Tue 2020-12-15 18:55:16 CST; 24min ago Process: 827 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/rm -f /run/nginx.pid (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Process: 828 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/nginx -t (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Process: 829 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/nginx (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Main PID: 830 (nginx) Tasks: 2 (limit: 2333) Memory: 2.1M CPU: 55ms CGroup: /system.slice/nginx.service ├─830 nginx: master process /usr/sbin/nginx └─831 nginx: worker process
Then I tried to visualize the web server response to the IP of the Droplet, so I tried to navigate to it but it prompts “This site can’t be reached”.
What I have tried is?
- Checked the SELinux testing totally disabling it.
- Checked the owner of the directories and files.
- Checked if was there any firewall but there was none.
- Checked Nginx log files which were empty.
What I can do…
- I can ping or traceroute the domain name to the droplet IP
- I can curl inside the droplet and get the index.html content
So I ran out of ideas, I would really appreciate it if someone kind enough can help me to crack this issue.
Thank you very much in advance.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×