Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Get started turning a desktop executable to a very basic web application
I have been using a DigitalOcean Ubuntu server (512 MB Memory / 20 GB Disk / LON1) for several months. I host on it a website of WordPress (Nginx), which works well.
Now, I have a totally different project. I want to turn an existing desktop application into a web application. The desktop application was developed by myself in OCaml under Linux. I have compiled it into an executable, so that we can run it in a command line: “name -parameters arg0 arg1 …”, and it returns some results.
1) where should I put this executable “name” in the server?
2) what code should I write in the server?
Could anyone point me to some samples to let me get started?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×