Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How can i restrict a user to their own home directory? [ROOT]
Hi, I am fairly new to linux administration and I’ve seen some of the posts on how to force users to their own home directory, I’ve tried several and got locked out of my own server.. I decided it’d be better to make a new post.
- I use root to do every other thing (SSH and SFTP mostly)
- I’m trying to chroot users to their own directory eg: user test should be restricted to viewing only in home/test/ and cannot view out of it.
- SSH access & SFTP access should be allowed for the user test
A Huge thank you in advance.