Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How do I configure Apache and Domains to show my website?
it’s driving me nuts. I have followed many tutorials on this but I am missing a detail on how I set up Apache and my Domain correctly to show my website.
- I have made an A-Record “@” and “www” for my Domain, pointing to my Droplet.
- I configured Apache, created directories and put a index.html in the website Root.
Now, when I try to open my domain.dev, it says it was impossible to establish a connection. Also, when I check my DNS records it shows that the IP A-Record has been distributed pointing to my IP address.
When I try to open my droplet IP in my browser, I see my index.html.
What am I missing?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×