I am using a 1GB Droplet with current kernel: Ubuntu 14.04 x64 vmlinuz-3.13.0-24-generic (1221)
Using phpinfo() I have identified the currently loaded php.ini file, and have updated the memory_limit attribute to 512M from 128.
This file is /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini
Despite making this change (and of course restarting nginx and php5-fpm services - as well as rebooting the entire server after each change), the value shown in phpinfo() remains at 128M
Other things I’ve tried (again, have rebooted/restarted services):
php_admin_value[memory_limit] = 512M php_value[memory_limit] = 512M
Adding a user.ini file in /etc/php5/fpm/conf.d/ (as this directory is scanned for other config files) - and adding the memory_limit with 512M memory
Editing /etc/php5/cli/php.ini to the same 512M value, even though this file isn’t being used.
Adding a php.ini file with the updated memory_limit value inside the root of the web site’s directory
I am absolutely stumped, and if someone can offer any insights or further troubleshooting steps, I would be greatly appreciative!
This textbox defaults to using Markdown to format your answer.
You can type !ref in this text area to quickly search our full set of tutorials, documentation & marketplace offerings and insert the link!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.
Join our DigitalOcean community of over a million developers for free! Get help and share knowledge in Q&A, subscribe to topics of interest, and get courses and tools that will help you grow as a developer and scale your project or business.
Click below to sign up and get $100 of credit to try our products over 60 days!