How do you troubleshoot Helm and Tiller?
I was able to deploy several charts a few days ago but starting yesterday I cannot get helm to connect with tiller. I’ve tried updating to 2.12.3 but still having the issue.
There are no logs on the tiller pod, and debug doesn’t show any verbose output.
- helm init with service account
- helm init upgrade (it does install tiller v2.12.3
What doesn’t work:
- helm version (the server portion hangs)
- helm list and every other helm command that interacts with tiller
What I did:
- deleted the service account, clusterrolebinding, service, deployment, secret, etc
- re-setup everything using the directions in the post below
Just as a reference, I followed all the instructions in this post: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-software-on-kubernetes-clusters-with-the-helm-package-manager
Did something change on the clusters or is there something that I’m missing?