How should my server setup work/look/be?
specs for all servers:
OS: Ubuntu 14.04
RAM: 512MB, except webserver which is 2GB.
I'm very new at setting up multiple servers to create a functioning environment.
In front i have NGINX on a 512MB server serving traffic over ssl. It also proxies all traffic for my mailserver and my webservers.
Here's my current configuration:
Here are my questions to you pro's :)
- Now want a email nodejs app running to view emails send them and such, should i put this on my mailserver or my webserver?
- Should I split my webserver into smaller servers?
- If i do setup a nodejs app for mails on my webserver how should it interact with the mail server to load emails, sockets?
- should i ghost my servers behind the nginx, except for ssh port?
- is it smart to tunniel my ssh connection through the nginx server to the servers behind it?
- how should i store my emails, nosql, or as every one else recomends; as files?
- tips to a newbie? :D
PS. to moderators, theres a bug when writing threads: if you select more than 10 tags, they get delete and you cant choose any of them afterwards :)