Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to debug why package is not installed in a digital ocean droplet?
Please help me check what I did wrong
I created a simple droplet user-data in Digital Occean with this yaml file
- “sed -i -e "s/index.html index.cgi index.pl index.php/index.php index.html index.cgi index.pl/" /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/dir.conf”
- “sed -i -e ’/DocumentRoot \/var\/www/ c DocumentRoot /var/www/html/jdoe/public/’ /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf”
- “a2enmod rewrite”
- “ufw allow in "Apache Full"”
- “service apache2 restart”
- “ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL”
When it provisioned, I SSH into it. I see no composer installed.
Command ‘composer’ not found, but can be installed with:
apt install composer
I checked the logs : cat /var/log/cloud-init-output.log
I see nothing failed listed.
Am I missing anything?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×