How to deploy a Rails application from Github?
I want to import my app from github to run on Digitalocean. I am currently running Ubuntu Ruby on Rails on 14.04 (Postgres, Nginx, Unicorn).
Step I took so far after setting up a new droplet…
- sudo apt-get update
- I installed git
- removed the folder “/home/rails” and everything inside
- cloned the app from Github to “/home/”
- renamed the cloned folder to “rails”
- I setup the locale environment
- configured postgresql user and password
- bundle install everything
- run “rails s”
run into the problem..
“A server is already running. Check /home/rails/tmp/pids/server.pid.” after I tried “rails s”
Is this the correct way to do it? if not how exactly should I go about deploying my rails app from github?