Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to deploy a Rails application from Github?
I want to import my app from github to run on Digitalocean. I am currently running Ubuntu Ruby on Rails on 14.04 (Postgres, Nginx, Unicorn).
Step I took so far after setting up a new droplet…
- sudo apt-get update
- I installed git
- removed the folder “/home/rails” and everything inside
- cloned the app from Github to “/home/”
- renamed the cloned folder to “rails”
- I setup the locale environment
- configured postgresql user and password
- bundle install everything
- run “rails s”
run into the problem..
“A server is already running. Check /home/rails/tmp/pids/server.pid.” after I tried “rails s”
Is this the correct way to do it? if not how exactly should I go about deploying my rails app from github?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×