Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to enable email on droplet for WordPress Webform
Hello! This is my very first community post.
I have a droplet with multiple domains pointing to different WordPress sites. I’m trying to get the webforms working for one of the domains however, I’m not receiving any of the submissions.
I was following this tutorial “How To Install and Configure Postfix as a Send-Only SMTP Server”
As suggested by the prerequisite note, I’ve updated the droplet name and the hostname to match the domain and checked the PTR record to make sure the hostname changed.
Here are some of the steps I’ve already taken:
- Set up TXT & MX records. I can send and receive emails with the domain.
- Updated droplet name and hostname to match as suggested by this tutorial
- Updated ufw to open port 25 (SMTP)
Do I really need to install postfix? – I already tried once, failed, couldn’t troubleshoot so I reverted to a backup of my droplet from a week ago. I thought that there was a native PHP mail function that I could use?
Thanks for your help and support!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×