Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to point a new domain to an existing subdomain?
I’m trying to find out how to do the following:
- I’ve set up *.mydomain.tld on my droplet, so whenever a user is created they get their own subdomain.mydomain.tld.
- I now need to allow the user to add custom domains to point to their subdomain.mydomain.tld.
I’ve tried to change the nameservers on my other domain’s registrar to the ns1/2/3.digitalocean.com and also tried to point the subdomain to the new domain using CNAME records on the digitalocean domain settings.
Please let me know how this could be achieved. In this scenario, the external domain is registered at GoDaddy, and the droplet is running the latest version of Ubuntu.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×