Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to recover an old FreeBSD ZFS droplet ?
I have created a FreeBSD (10) droplet for at least 3 years now.
I have lost the SSH keys.
The problem is that I tried the recovery mode but:
- the recovery mode does not recognize the droplet as a FreeBSD with ZFS and is not able to mount the ZFS volume,
- I tried to mount the volume myself, but it does not work (I tried the command: mount -t zfs /dev/vda1 /mnt),
After investigating the recovery.sh script, it seems that it expects to find the /dev/vda3 device. But I do not find this endpoint.
Is it a problem in the recovery.sh script ? As my droplet is an old one, does DigitalOcean has changed the mapping and it does not work anymore for the old droplets ?
How can I recover an old FreeBSD droplet ?
Thanks in advance.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×