Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to set up HTTP forwarding from droplet to rPi?
I have the following setup:
- DO Droplet running Ubuntu 18 with Tinc VPN (server)
- rPi in remote location also running Tinc connected to server
The rPi is behind a router/firewall that I have no control over, so I can’t port forward there.
When I ssh to the DO droplet, I can then ssh to the rPi using the VPN address. So the VPN is working.
I need to be able to open a browser window on a random client machine and connect to a port on the DO server which will connect me to the rPi. Specifically, the rPi is running node-red, so it’s port 1880.
I tried setting up a proxy using NGINX to do it, but was unable to get it working. I also tried a simple port forward using iptables, but no luck there either.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×