Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to set up PostgreSQL and connect Flask app's DB running on Heroku to the droplet?
What I got so far:
1) I went through How To Install and Use PostgreSQL on Ubuntu 14.04
2) Edit postgresql.conf to have
listen_addresses = '*'
3) Edit pg_hba.conf to have
host all all 0.0.0.0/0 md5
In my Flask app, which in running on Heroku, I config the
DATABASE_URL to my droplet that is running the PostgreSQL 9.3:
On the server, I run “netstat -plunt” to see a list of which ports are open:
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:5432 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 12341/postgres
Where did I do wrong? How can I set it up so my Flask app can connect to the database?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×