Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to setup DO VPN server floating IP port routing to VPN client
Not sure what this is called or how to do it…
- I have an DO Droplet running Ubuntu 18.
- Droplet has its public IP and [static] DO floating IP <fIP>.
- Droplet has ufw installed but disabled.
- Droplet has Algo (WireGuard) server installed and VPN running fine.
- I have three VPN clients all on my home LAN: “Pi”, “Mobile” and “Laptop”.
- I edited <fIP> /etc/hosts to define VPN IPs for the three clients.
- I can ssh to sshd running in the cloud <fIP>.
- From WWW I can ssh into my LAN sshd running on VPN client “Pi” (10.19.45.5) via DO <fIP> using JuiceSSH app on VPN client “Mobile” which is running WireGuard client and successfully connected to <fIP>.
Now, heres the question:
From WWW and via my VPN I want to be able to connect to httpd on VPN client 10.19.45.5:80. How do i do this?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×