Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to setup Monitoring and Alerting to notify when droplet is down/offline?
I’m trying to setup alert policies to notify when one of my droplets is down.
- I noticed that my app running on a droplet was crashing at times and I received no notification about this.
- I have installed the Digital Ocean Monitoring Agent in the droplet.
- Setup alert policy on this droplet with CPU is below 0.01% metric.
- No alerts are triggered when I manually toggle off the droplet.
- How can I fix this setup to trigger alert when the droplet is down?
- Is there another simpler solution for setting up such alerts which I’m overlooking?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×