First you will have to connect to your Droplet via SSH, here’s how you could do that:
Then once you’ve logged into the droplet you can follow the Linux steps from the official site on how to install the software:
- Create a new folder (for example
- Download the latest master branch build for Linux from the artifacts server(copy the URL for the latest server version and use
wget <url> to download it).
- Extract the build using
cd path/to/server/folder && tar xf fx.tar.xz (you need to have xz installed, on Debian/Ubuntu this is in the xz-utils package).
- Clone cfx-server-data in a new folder (other than your FXServer folder). For example
git clone https://github.com/citizenfx/cfx-server-data.git /home/username/server-data
- Make a
server.cfg file in your server-data folder (copy the example
server.cfg file below into that file).
- Generate a license key at https://keymaster.fivem.net.
- Set the license key in your
- Run the server from the server-data folder:
bash /home/username/server/run.sh +exec server.cfg
Hope that this helps!