Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to use the PostgreSQL droplet with NodeJS?
Hello dear DigitalOcean Community,
I want to use a database for my NginX + NodeJS project that I’m working on. I surely need a SQL and a NoSQL database for my project.
1. What’s the difference between getting a ProstgreSQL droplet vs creating a droplet and installing PostgreSQL myself?
1.1 Is the PostgreSQL droplet faster compared to the “DIY PostgreSQL” droplet?
2. How do I use/connect to my PostgreSQL droplet database using NodeJS?
2.1 Which NodeJS package do I need to use for PostgreSQL?
3 Is it better to install a noSQL Database on the same droplet or on a separate one?
3.1 Will a separate droplet be faster compared to the same droplet? Much faster? One one side we have “CPU usage” and on the other side we have the delay between droplets.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×