Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
How to verify Google webmaster tools?
I am a complete noob so please forgive me
tldr Go here and tell me how to do it
I am trying to add my website to google master tools. So on google webmaster tool verification page Its asking for me to “Sign in to your domain name provider.” They have many options like namecheap and ovh but I dont see digitalocean so I select “other”
next its asking me to “Follow the steps below to create a DNS (Domain Name System) record that proves to Google that you own the domain.
- Add the TXT record below to the DNS configuration for mydomain.com.”
google-site-verification=fveve_wviwevevrsf-AjfveD (random one)
- Click Verify below. When Google finds this DNS record, we’ll make you a verified owner of the domain. (Note: DNS changes may take some time. If we don’t find the record immediately, we’ll check for it periodically.) To stay verified, don’t remove the DNS record, even after verification succeeds. Note: adding this record won’t affect your mail flow or any other feature in any way.
I went to DigitalOcean DNS domain settings and selected TXT and in the enter name box I put txt and in the text box I put
I click VERIFY and I get this error
“Verification failed for http://www.mydomain.com/ using the DNS TXT record method (less than a minute ago). Your verification DNS TXT record was not found. You might need to wait a few minutes before Google sees your changes to the TXT records.”
I first contacted namecheap and they said since the DNS is pointing to Digital Ocean you must change DNS TXT record with them.
What do I do? I want to to use webmaster tools with my website.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×