Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
https leads to infinite loading
in this topic I would kindly ask you about your opinion, experience and knowledge. Maybe you can assist me into the right direction.
I am running my Wordpress installation on DigitalOcean and the server is located in Netherlands. My main customers are from Iran. Now, as long as I’m running my website with http my customers from Iran are able to open the website. As soon as I install a SSL and change to https, they are not able to open it. The website will fall into infinite scrolling. But only people from Iran are affected, the rest of users from US or EU don’t face this issue. One more thing: If Iranians try to open another website based on https, it will open. So, it’s only my website.
These are options I already tried out which couldn’t solve my problem:
- I used different SSL cert providers already such as digicert, letsencrypt and comodo.
- I used another provider with another website (static html site), too. When you switch to https there, the site can’t be opened.
- I tried 3 different IPs for my Wordpress.
Do you have any idea what can cause this problem? Do you have any further idea what to try or look at?
- http works in Iran for my site
- https doesn’t work in Iran for my site only
- https of my website opens in other countries, just Iran is affected
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×