Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
I Can't Install MariaDB With iRedMail
So I already installed the LAMP server from the default “one-click installation” on Digital Ocean, then tried to install iRedMail right after.
Do I need to install iRedMail first, or do I need to set a Domain Name and set up DNS records first with my LAMP stack? I’m not sure if I already needed LAMP stack with DNS records for a domain first or if I need to install iRedMail first. I believe that this is why I am running into this issue, but still not sure.
Also, when asked to “choose the web server” during installation, I chose not to install any because I already have the LAMP server installed. What should I have chosen in this case?
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version 1.3.1
- Deployed with ssh command line installation.
- Linux Ubuntu 20.04 (latest version)
- Web Server is Apache
- Manage mail accounts with open source free version (to start with but thinking about pro version)
- Error log message is shown below:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
mariadb-server : Depends: mariadb-server-10.3 (>= 1:10.3.22-1ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
<< ERROR >> Installation failed, please check the terminal output.
Thanks for any support!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×