I need to move existing ssl enabled wordpress site to its own directory
I have a working and ssl enabled website in /var/www directory and I need to move it to its own directory /var/www/newdirectory or folder.
Move from /var/www to /var/www/folder
reason is I want to have multiple websites on same vps. here are the steps i have tried and failed.
- created directory in /var/www/folder
- moved wordpress files to newly created folder
- did comand a2dissite website-ssl.conf
- changed the root document on sites-available>website-ssl.conf to /var/www/website
- re-enabled a2ensite website-ssl.conf
I need guidance on the steps im missing here, I also thing i missed a2mod ssl disable comand i think.
any help would be gratefully appreciated.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.