In our public community, we aim to answer open questions about anything SysAdmin, DigitalOcean and beyond. However, we make every attempt to keep personal information safe and so don’t ever access personal account information here. This means we can’t provide help with any account or billing-related issues.
DigitalOcean has a monthly billing cycle. On the first calendar day of each month, we invoice and charge accounts for the previous month’s resource usage, applying promo code credit and taxes when applicable.
When we charge accounts on the first of the month, we take the following steps in this order:
We apply any PayPal pre-payments to the balance.
If there is a balance remaining after pre-payments, we charge the account’s default credit or debit card.
If the default payment method fails, we try charging other payment methods on file.
Past due accounts. If there are no valid payment methods on file to cover an outstanding balance, the account is past due, at which point:
- We email the account owner.
- We place the account on hold, which prevents creating new resources.
- The account’s existing resources continue to run.
- To restore a past due account, the account owner needs to log in and pay the balance.
5 . Suspended accounts. If an account continues to remain past due, we email the account owner and the account is suspended, at which point:
- We power down the account’s resources.
- We redirect logins to the payment page. To restore a suspended account, the account owner needs to log in and pay the balance.
6 . If an account remains suspended for 14 days, all of the account’s resources are permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
We do not offer extensions. We charge the account on the first of the month. If your account remains past due, your account will be suspended. If you need more time to pay your bill, contact support.
More information can be found here: