My last git pull for my website caused an internal server error. I did not encounter the problem when running it on my localhost on Mac.
I noticed however that during the first attempt of the git pull that there is a request to commit the requirements.txt. Instead, I deleted the file on the server and my git pull did not raise any issue (the requirements.txt is available in the git pulled). This may be the one causing the problem or it may not. I have no idea how to check or resolved the issue.
I have powered off and on. I have pip install - r requirements.txt. Restart nginx and gunicorn. None seems to have worked. I cant even find the error.log file in the droplet.
Can anyone assist me. The website is www.faseries.com

These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.

×
1 answer

Hi there @rosliyana96,

I can see that your website is already up and running. Would you mind sharing how did you fix the problem here with the community?

On another note, if you get a 500 Nginx error, I could suggest following the steps from this answer here on how to troubleshoot common Nginx problems:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/questions/how-to-troubleshoot-common-nginx-issues-on-linux-server

Hope that this helps.
Regards,
Bobby

  • I messed too much with the various settings that I could not fixed the problem. On top of the Internal Server Error, ssh connection was also refused. I ended up deleting the droplet and project and recreate a new one. Thank you for the great online guide from the community.

    The original caused of my concerned was a single page having an internal server error (which worked on the localhost), which I cant identify the problem and I still cant. So I rewrote the whole contents and scripts of the page and tested the page in stages via DO. No error was found and the html tags contents and scripts are identical, yet it can now displays in the web. There may be some other things that affect its as I also move around the static csv file during the testing. On the other hand, I also tested without the need for the file on first load/reload but still failed to render the page.

    All in the process of learning.

Submit an Answer