Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Is it applicable to authenticate database users using X509 certificates through a middle web server tier?
I’ve been reading in the Node.JS docs about SSL attributes for the Node.JS connector to MariaDB server:
I’m left with these questions for my current setup is a 3-tier architecture (Client–Nodejs Webserver–MariaDB):
1) Based on two-way TLS authentication of database users in the documentation:
Is it fine to ask users to upload their corresponding files (client-key, client-cert, CA-cert set by the database admin) to the webserver through a login form in which they can submit their credentials too?
2) What other implementations are there given this two-way TLS setup (x509 certificates) between web server and DB server in order to authenticate database users?
Thanks a lot for any guidance!