Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Jitsi participants appear without video/audio
Your instruction is fine and clear. However:
I have installed jitsi on my own server (ubuntu 18.04, nginx).
Opening page shows up fine, but other visitors can not be seen. Then I restarted (via SSH) during the meeting:
- systemctl restart prosody.service
- systemctl restart jicofo.service
- systemctl restart jitsi-videobridge2.service And the system works fine.
But: when after logging out I start a new meeting the participants
- can see themselves
- but appear muted and without video on the other screens (though they opened their camera and microphone).
When trying the same restart trick I get the message:
“Job for jicofo.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status jicofo.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.“
I imagine this has to do with jicofo, but the indications as suggested (systemctl status jicofo.service, journalctl -xe) do not clarify very much. The first one makes clear that something goes wrong with the exit code, but I have no idea how to repair this.
Do you have any suggestion how to solve this?
Thanks in advance for your attention.
Fokko Dijkstra (chain foundation) - firstname.lastname@example.org