Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Kubernetes Ports Exposed (using Agones)
I saw this talk and tried to set up Agones myself on Digital Ocean kubernetes. https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tech_talks/modern-game-server-infrastructure-in-the-cloud except it doesn’t currently work.
I followed the tutorial, here, https://agones.dev/site/docs/getting-started/create-gameserver and everything seems to start up and work properly except for the fact that when it comes time to test the server, I cannot connect to my game server on the UDP port 7000-8000 and IP listed. I tried their TCP example too, but same result.
- It allocates a port properly
- My pod and game server container are healthy after starting
- the game server google wrote told agones it was ready
- The example game server google wrote is logging that it’s started
Is there some firewall in front of a DigitalOcean Kubernetes cluster?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×