Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Kubernetes scale down hourly billing & secondary node pool scale to 0?
Hi i was reading the documentation about autoscaling, so i have a few things questions about it.
- DO bills the instance hourly even if we don’t use it for an hour, is this also true for kubernetes?
- How does it handle autoscaling down? does it take into consideration about the 1 hour billing? (like choosing a node near the 1 hour mark to scale down).
- can we have a secondary node pool that scales down to 0? (ex: i already have a primary node pool with 2 shared droplet nodes, then i want to have a secondary compute optimized node pool that autoscales 0 to 5)