Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
ManageWP & Database Connection to a Droplet.
So this is clearly a very specific answer, but I am sure it would fix problems outside of it as well.
I installed Ubuntu, PHP, MySQL, ProFTPd, Apache, and a few other mods. Got Webmin & Virtualmin all setup and everything is working beautifully. The ONE thing that I cant get to work, which is the one thing that I really need, is to get ManageWP to migrate WordPress sites. I can install it just find, just cant migrate them.
I have entered in my FTP and it works on the site, but it gives me a “Cant connect to database” error with my other information.
Things I have tried:
- Ensured proper permissions for users and database
- Opened up 3306 port
- Changed listen server to 0.0.0.0
- And variants of almost all of the above. I have spent about 16 hours doing research and I cant figure this out.
Additionally I tried to connect the same way using other programs with roughly the same results. Clearly its a remote connection issue, but I have tried everything I can think of.
Anyones help would be greatly appreciated.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×