Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Migrating my local DB to a remote DB
I want to move my local DB that currently resides with my Nginx web server what I did so far was:
- created a new DB cluster on DO
- exported my DB and imported it to the remote one
- I created a new droplet-based of my production server
- copied the remote DB connection details to the wp-config.php(username, password, host, and port)
for some reason, I receive the infamous error message “ Error establishing a database connection.”
I am a bit newbie at this, so no doubt I am missing something critical here.
when I try to connect to the remote DB via terminal with the flag parameters on the staging droplet, it connects just fine, so I have no idea what the issue could be because I assume if I can connect with no problems, so it’s not a networking issue.
here’s my wp-config.php
// ** MySQL settings - You can get this info from your web host ** // /** The name of the database for WordPress */ define('DB_NAME', 'My_db'); /** MySQL database username */ define('DB_USER', 'username_i_got_from_do'); /** MySQL database password */ define('DB_PASSWORD', 'password_i_got_from_do'); /** MySQL hostname */ define('DB_HOST', 'hostname.ondigitalocean.com'); /** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */ define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8mb4'); /** The Database Collate type. Don't change this if in doubt. */ define('DB_COLLATE', '');
Any idea’s what else I can check?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×