Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Migration problem Site can't be reached after migrating to new server and apache reinstall
I migrated a site to a new Digitalocean account. It is a Wordpress site. Completed the following:
1) Took snapshot in old account
2) transferred snapshot
3) Assigned same region as old account was on
4) Created new droplet from snapshot
5) After SSL was found to be broken completed much research and removed and reinstalled apache2 used:
sudo apt-get –purge remove apache2
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get install apache2
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
6) Ensured steps were followed from https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-apache-virtual-hosts-on-ubuntu-16-04
7) Reinstalled certbot using https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-secure-apache-with-let-s-encrypt-on-ubuntu-16-04
The certificate is now returning in Terminal as successful but the site says can’t be reached.
No errors in the apache log.
Any help is appreciated.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×