Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Mongodb installation error
I’m a beginner in terms of servers, and I’m trying to set up my droplet - something I’ve never done before. I went through the “create sudo privileged user” part and all that, and I wanted to set up mongodb.
There are 2 issues I noticed:
- The sudo apt-get update command resulted in a lot of success messages and one failure: Err8: http://repo.mongodb.org/apt/ubuntu xenial/mongodb-org/3.0/multiverse amd64 Package 404 Not Found
- After this, when I ran the next command (sudo apt-get install -y mongodb-org), it threw an error as follows: E: Unable to locate package mongodb-org
What is the solution here?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×