Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Moving from Compose and Heroku to Digital Ocean
I have a MEAN app. Its still in its infancy so I don’t need any fancy hosting and also am very interested in making my own.
My DB is with Compose. And the Node API and Angular front end are hosted with Heroku.
This question is broken into 2 parts and I’ll ask my questions under each:
- I’ve seen this is setup quite easily with one click setup
- Regarding security i’ve seen a lot of great articles and all looks ok
- Is it possible to do encryption at rest?
- My DB will be on one droplet and the Node site on another. So can i restrict all access to the DB droplet to requests only from the Node droplet? Do i need to follow a VPC setup guide to achieve this?
THE NODE/ANGULAR SITE
- I’ll need to setup DNS for the URL. Is this straight forward to do? May also need to create mail records.
- I’ll only want the outside world to access the static files, like index.html and .js. These files should only have access to the API which goes to the DB droplet. What security considerations do i need to observe to achieve this.
Hope my question makes sense.
Any help would be appreciated.
(Looking forward to this project :-)).
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×