Hi, I am thinking of the following setup with just one droplet:
a. test.[mydomainhere].com //a private test website for my own eyes only
b. temp.[mydomainhere].com //a temporary website to showcase what I want to do to the public, will be powered by Wordpress and eventually be shut down in favour of something a bit more permanent
c. [mydomainhere].com //the actual website once I am ready
d. [any other websites in case I need them]
So, here's my questions about it:
1. Will VirtualHosts be enough to create such a setup?
2. Is it possible to partition my Droplet (like how you do so on your hard disk drive) so that each website get their own sub-Droplet?
3. Will uninstalling Wordpress affect the entire Droplet (and therefore the other websites)?
4. What is the difference between the desktop and the server versions when it comes to OSes? (Or rather, am I right to say that the main difference is that the desktop is easier to use due to the inclusion of a GUI but the server is more suited for webhosting?)
5. Am I right to say that I should just stick to a x32 OS since I have only 512 MB of RAM on my Droplet?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart.
If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.