Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Need clarification on connection pool sizing with read-only nodes
I have a postgres database with one read-only node. In the control panel, I see that my database has a total of 97 available backend server connections.
- Does that mean that there are 97 server connections over all nodes, or 97 for the primary node and another 97 for the read-only node?
- If the latter, does the database load balance these connection requests?
I am using node-postgres, and I need to understand what number I should use for the max number of connections for the pool.
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×