Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Need clarification on connection pool sizing with read-only nodes
I have a postgres database with one read-only node. In the control panel, I see that my database has a total of 97 available backend server connections.
- Does that mean that there are 97 server connections over all nodes, or 97 for the primary node and another 97 for the read-only node?
- If the latter, does the database load balance these connection requests?
I am using node-postgres, and I need to understand what number I should use for the max number of connections for the pool.