Need some guidance
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×
A question can only have one accepted answer. Are you sure you want to replace the current answer with this one?
You previously marked this answer as accepted. Are you sure you want to unaccept it?
ill just need to check if it's activated or not, if it shows nothing it means i need to install, righ
After that, i'm in doubt if it's a good idea for me to install Fail2ban and DenyHosts, as said at the end of the post on How to install Ubuntu. I'm thinking that they may be good, because all security is welcome, or am i wrong in this??
After that i will set the FTP stuff using that link you posted and then set SSH keys to connect with putty.
1. Should i add a Swap on ubuntu?? I mean, for me that will use Wordpress blog with high traffic.
echo vm.swappiness=0 | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf
2. Memcache, should i use it too?? People here say that it can speed up my site, but i will already use varnish, nginx, W3Total cache plugin, and maybe CloudFlare. Should i add Memcache as well?
3. What abou FastCGI on php?? Would you guys recommend it?
4. APC on PHP, should i install it even with all those cache stuff??
5. Is it recommended for me to make a CDN after all? Or stick with CloudFlare?