Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Non-Root user SSH login
I created a user named meteor, and want to login to my droplet using a key for user meteor. What I did was:
- login as root then create user meteor
- created /home/meteor/.ssh
- copied my keyfile.pub to /home/meteor/.ssh (same key used for root user)
- chown meteor:meteor keyfile.pub
I still can’t ssh into the droplet with user meteor. It gives me the following error:
meteor@...: Permission denied (publickey).
What am I missing?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×