Hello everyone! Need some advice from the community.
I have several websites, all of them powered by WordPress. 2 are large news portals with lots of images (one currently has 18Gbs of images and 82Mb db, the second is much younger and has only 600Mb of pictures and 3Mb db). All other sites are small minimalistic blogs or kind of "static" small websites with WP backend and low traffic. Here's the "infrastructure" I'm considering:
- Each large news site on separate droplet
- All small sites on another droplet
1. What's better - Apace, Nginx, Apache with Nginx for static files in front of Apache?
2. Is it a good idea to use memcached on 512/1024Mb droplets?
3. What's better - 2 news sites on 2 separate 1024Mb droplets or both on one 2048Mb droplet?
4. Does it makes sense to have those 2 news websites on separate droplets (or single more powerful - see 3.) and 1 extra droplet just for MySQL?
5. Or maybe 1 droplet for both news sites under Apache (serving only WP itself), 1 separate droplet with MySQL and 1 more for static files under Nginx?
Thanks in advance!
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart.
If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.