Join 1M+ other developers and:
- Get help and share knowledge in Q&A
- Subscribe to topics of interest
- Get courses & tools that help you grow as a developer or small business owner
Performance difference between NYC1 and NYC3 or "volumes" performance?
I recently migrated all my infrastructure (cluster of app and database servers) from NYC3 to NYC1 in order to use the volumes that DO introduced a short time ago. (And yes I migrated because of that..).
Following the migration, I noticed a decrease in performance for servers that require lot of write/read operations, such as my master database and application servers.
As the only difference before and after the migration are the usage of “volumes” and the change of Datacenter, I’m therefore wondering if:
- Using “volumes” instead of the droplet storage may decrease performance?
- There are any differences between techs used in NYC3 and NYC1 that may explains changes in performances?
These answers are provided by our Community. If you find them useful, show some love by clicking the heart. If you run into issues leave a comment, or add your own answer to help others.×